By focusing on real consumer challenges and enabling banks with effective and easy to deploy solutions, we’re building toward a better financial ecosystem for everyone.


deposits processed


in funding from leading investors like Coatue, GGV and more


transactions completed

Our story so far

Pinwheel was founded by Anish Basu, Curtis Lee and Kurt Lin.
Pin wheel founders, Anish Basu, Curtis Lee and Kurt lin
Builds the world’s first API for payroll, securing seed funding from First Round Capital, Upfront Ventures.
Pinwheel team photo with pinwheel banner
Covers over 70% of paid US workers and integrates with every major payroll platform.
Pinwheel  5 employees team at an event
Raises $20M in Series A from growth investors like Coatue. Pinwheel accounts for over half of all direct deposit switches in the neobank market.
white and blue balloons with pinwheel logo on the balloons
Raises $50M in Series B from investors like GGV, American Express, Indeed and others. Expands automated switch coverage to 85% and launches Forms feature to solve for remaining 15% of the U.S. payroll population. Platform coverage achieves 100% and new use cases like earned wage access become available.
Nasdaq building showing the congratulation message on their big building digital screen
Pinwheel launches the industry’s first 100% credential-less experience, a two-click, login-free deposit switch made possible by our proprietary network of strategic payroll providers. To commemorate this innovation, the deposit switch platform is rebranded as Pinwheel Prime.

Help us deliver better financial futures

Our mission is to help financial institutions win and keep customers by delivering flawless customer experiences. Pinwheel’s activation and lifecycle management solutions remove friction, increase transparency, and help create a fairer financial ecosystem for all.

pinwheel executive discussing with other people around the table
pinwheel team happily posing
Pinwheel team activity
pin wheel branding quote on a paper wrapper

Our Investors

first round logo
Upfront logo
coatue logo
ggv logo
amex ventures logo
company ventures logo
franklin templeton black logo
Indeed logo
mkraken logo
TQ Ventures
primary logo
semper virens
pinwheel icon with round waves

Want to help build a fairer
financial system?

It’s our people that make Pinwheel turn. Building the future of finance takes a dedicated team of collaborators, hurdlers, planners, bold types, and challengers — and that’s exactly who we are.

Visit the careers page